Creating a Global Warming Lapbook is a good way to teach your children
about identifying problems, taking action to solve problems and is
helpful in developing discussion and analyzing skills.
If you read my Go in Peace
page you know that I put a different spin on the topic of Global
Here, however, I will broach the subject of
creating a lapbook on the subject of Global Warming in its normal
Creating a Global Warming Lapbook
Lapbook Creation Basic
Step One: Preparation
Choose and assemble your folders.
Step Two: Gather Information
Decide what is the important topics you want your
child to know. Pick between 5-10 topics.
1. Define Global Warming
2. Identify # of Recognized Causes
3. Identify and Research Solutions
4. Conduct an experiment and document results
5. Going Green
6. List 5 known facts
7. Write an article about two opposing views on
Green House gases, the Ozone layer or on the Environment in general
8. Create a game about recycling or reusing things
9. Vocabulary words
Step 3: Templates
Decide on the templates you will need. For example
if you are having vocabulary words use a 2 folded rectangular template.
Print off or create templates.
Step 4: Teach and Present Material. Finish with a few open ended questions.
- What can you do to address the issue of Global Warming?
- Is Global Warming a normal cycle of earth development or is it caused by man?
- Are there simple things that even kids can do to help minimize the effects?
Step 5: Assign writing
projects, research or vocabulary words, extra reading material, search for images online or in magazines.
Step 6: Art it up. Allow the
students to put their creations in their lapbooks and then to color or
decorate as desired.
Step 7: Review information at
the beginning of next lapbook session.
1. Greenhouse Effect
2. Greenhouse Gases
6. Acid Rain
7. Solar Energy
Return to the
Home Page from the Global Warming Lapbook Page